- Transparent polypropylene film tape with layer of static dissipative coating on the component side and a synthetic, room temperature pressure sensitive adhesive strip along each edge
- Features an innovative peeling design with repeatable tracks and score lines to remove only the center part of the cover tape
- Designed to offer smooth peeling performance with a tight range, helping reduce vibration and component movement, while increasing overall pick-and-place productivity
- Highly recommended for WLCSP, bare dies and ultra-thin packages that require a high performing cover tape
- Works well on 3M™ Polycarbonate Carrier Tapes
- 300 m rolls are available in standard widths of 5.4 mm, 9.3 mm, 13.3 mm and 21.3 mm
3M™ Universal Cover Tape (UCT) 2688A is specially designed with a transparent polypropylene film and synthetic room temperature pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) strips. It also has static dissipative film on the component side.
3M cover tape 2688A provides a very smooth peeling process and is appropriate for wafer level chip scale packages (WLCSP), bare dies and ultra thin packages.