- Reworkable and bakeable
- Adhesive zones help reduce the risk of adhesive contamination and contact with devices during shipping and storage
- Highly recommended for components like WLCSP, LEDs and ultra-small and lightweight packages (e.g. 0603 mm and 0402 mm chips)
- High performing blocker layer helps minimize the occurrence of unit stick and wetting out on cover tape
- Designed to improve overall pick-and-place efficiency
- Works well on 3M™ Polycarbonate Carrier Tapes
- 600 m rolls are available in standard widths of 5.4 mm, 9.3 mm, 13.3 mm, 21.3 mm, 25.5 mm
3M™ Pressure Sensitive Cover Tape 2698 is a transparent polyester film tape with a synthetic, room temperature pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) zone along each edge. Featuring a static dissipative blocker film at component (stick) side, this tape helps minimize incidents of die stick and wetting out on cover tape.
3M cover tape 2698 is recommended for components with chip stick concerns including wafer level chip scale packages (WLCSP), LEDs, lightweight packages and ultra small packages.